Note: As of July 10 at 5pm, facial coverings are a requirement when in public spaces in Kentucky per Governor Beshear. For more info and a list of exempt parties see here.
Downtown is the heartbeat of Lexington and the central gathering place for our community. We are reopening and want you to come out and support our businesses while being safe and contributing to a safe, healthy environment. The key to remaining open is preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
To ensure reopening is successful and safe we all must do our part. This means wearing a mask and practicing social distancing whenever possible and complying with both businesses’ policies and policies of the state. This shows respect and protects frontline staff while enabling our business to get back on their feet. Moreover, wearing a mask is a great way to show others that you care about our businesses and the health and safety of your fellow Lexingtonians! The economic and physical health of our community is now dictated more by the solidarity of our individual actions than ever before. Be a part of the team and help us get back on our feet. #downtownLEXtogether. #WearToShowYouCare
What We’re Doing:
- Marketing downtown businesses and organizations – both what services they’re offering and safety precautions they are taking.
- Running a social media campaign and giveaway to encourage safe and healthy practices while downtown. (See below for more info!)
- Created a Reopening and Recovery Grant in partnership with the DLMD that allows downtown businesses to apply for monetary assistance to aid with reopening.
- Partnering with Kinetic by Windstream to provide a matching technology grant to Reopening & Recovery Grant recipients. As part of the matching technology grant, Kinetic by Windstream will provide interested grant recipients with the following:
- Free technology audit (in-person or virtual) to set up businesses for success
- Free solutions roadmap to connect businesses with the best technology for their business
- Up to $1,500.00 free services over the term of the contract
What Downtown Businesses Can Do:
- Help us spread the word! Download the Wear to Show You Care logo and suggested post copy here and:
- Add the logo to your business’ website and social media channels.
- Share the message on social media using our suggested post copy or the hashtags #WearToShowYouCare and #downtownLEXtogether.
- Let us know if you’d like a window cling to put up in your storefront, we’ll prioritize getting one to you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media Giveaway!
How to enter:
- Take a photo of yourself wearing a mask downtown!
- Post it and tag us on social media (see below for a list of our handles) and use the hashtag #WearToShowYouCare.
- If you’re at a downtown business when you take the pic, be sure to tag them too!
- That’s it! You’ll be automatically entered for a chance to win a weekly gift card to a downtown business and a Humana swag bag!
If you’re ever downtown, there’s no reason not to enter! If you haven’t been downtown lately, let us assure you, there are tons of reasons to go! Home to many of Lexington’s best restaurants, bars, hotels, shops, parks, and more, #downtownlex is open and waiting for you to discover your new favorite place.
- Facebook: @downtownlexpartnership
- Instagram: @downtownlexpartnership
- Twitter: @Dlexpartnership
- COVID-19 Resource Page
- DowntownLEX Together Program
- List of downtown businesses and their hours of operation
- Reopening and Recovery Grant