We came up with the idea for this program while trying to find ways to help get downtown businesses back on their feet once pandemic restrictions were lifted. Our goal is to drive customers back downtown and encourage a resurgence of the cashflow that these businesses rely on to survive.
From June 15 – July 31, the program will promote the different ways to shop, dine and support local around downtown by marketing and promoting businesses. Spending at participating businesses will be rewarded with the opportunity to win prizes.
- Two $50 Gift Cards will be awarded weekly.
- $500 cash grand prize, which will be awarded at the end of the campaign.
- To enter you need to text “downtown” to 474747 to register and when prompted, send a picture of your receipt.
What do you need to do to participate as a customer?
- Make a purchase at any downtown business
- There is no minimum purchase for customers to participate, every receipt qualifies!
- Text the word ‘downtown’ to 474747 (you will need to do this for every receipt you send in)
- Follow the prompt and send a copy of your receipt – digital or physical – to 474747
What do you need to do to participate as a business?
- There is no fee to participate and the program is open to all downtown businesses! If you aren’t sure whether or not your business qualifies as being downtown, email email@example.com.
- Send us what you want us to promote!
- You can send verbiage, pictures, deals you are running, sales going on, new sanitation policies and measures being taken to protect employee and customer health. Anything and everything you want people to know about, send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Put up a poster and encourage employees to inform customers about the program.
- Share DLP’s social media posts promoting the campaign and create your own, letting your fans and customers know that you’re participating.
- Utilize the hashtags: #downtownlextogether and #474747
- Help us spread the word to other businesses downtown! This is a community endeavor for all of downtown and we want to make sure everyone is included!
For a list of downtown businesses and their hours of operation, click here.